Directions and parking
The Berlin Zoo is easy to reach because it is located directly next to the train station named after it and is therefore just 2 minutes from the stop for two different underground stations and various commuter train lines.So just leave your car behind and ride to the Zoo in an environmentally friendly way using the commuter train, the underground, the bus or the train.
By commuter train
- S-Bahnhof Zoologischer Garten (S5 + S7 + S75 + S9)
- U-Bahnhof Zoologischer Garten (U2 + U9)
- U-Bahnhof Kurfürstendamm (U1 + U9)
- approx. 15 bus services
- Express shuttle bus to the airport
- diverse night bus services
Connections available under www.fahrinfo-berlin.de
- Regional train (RE1 + RE2 + RE7 + RE14)
- Main-line railway via the main train station
Connections available under www.bahn.de
You have various options for reaching the Zoo by car. Choose the route that is best for you using a route planner.
The Bahnhof Zoologischer Garten (Zoo train station) is well signposted - they will direct you to Hardenbergplatz where you can find parking as well as the Lion Gate entrance.
You will find parking spots for a fee all around the Zoo. They are very limited directly at Hardenbergplatz, however, as it is often jammed with traffic due to visitors arriving at and leaving the Zoo train station.
Please be patient while looking for a parking spot or else make use of one of the nearby parking garages for a fee.
- Nürnberger Straße parking garage (2 minutes from the Elephant Gate entrance and Aquarium)
- Budapester Straße parking garage (2 minutes from the Elephant Gate entrance and Aquarium, 5 minutes from the Lion Gate)